About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Monday 20 June 2016

Jewellery Magnetic Closures: struggle no more with wonky clasps!

Due to spatial/ hand coordination issues I find it near impossible to fasten jewellery clasps. This hindered me from wearing my favourite jewellery as I couldn't fasten/ unfasten my jewellery without asking for help. I then saw some magnetic closures when searching through jewellery findings on Amazon UK. The clasps fasten on to the jewellery's original clasps and the magnets are extremely strong. These clasps would be great for anyone who likes wearing jewellery, but for whatevever reason, arthritis, poor coordination or spatial awareness or if  you just have long nails and don't want to chip or break them doing up a clasp. 


As you can see from the mini video below my hands are very shaky when I try and fasten clasps together so these magnetic closures, once attached, make my jewellery life so much easier!


The clasps can be found on Amazon, ebay and all online jewellery finding shops. I bought mine from both eBay and Amazon and they were both under £5 for a pack of 10 including postage. They come in two different shapes - a ball and a longer thinner more tubular shape and are silver or gold toned. I found the longer one easier to grip as I have longish nails and find it difficult to hold small objects. 


The only issues I have with the clasps are: they are only gold/ silver toned so cannot be worn all the time and the clasps do not sit flat so can get caught or knocked quite easily. I find myself checking that the clasp hasn't got knocked or pulled apart quite regularly, although it hasn't happened yet!

I bough these items myself and the views expressed in this blog post are my own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment