About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Saturday 27 August 2016

Susie Wolff: Wings for Life bracelet 2015


In 2015 Rox.co.uk brought out two  bracelets in support of  Wings for Life. This is a charity which aims to find a cure for spinal injuries. As I have a severe spinal injury I bought the Susie Wolff (£48) one. David Coulthard also designed one aimed for men (£60). The bracelet is made out sterling silver plated in rose gold. The bracelet is an adjustable toggle cord bracelet so can be worn by a variety of wrist sizes as it is easy to adjust as there are no small, fiddly clasps that need fastening. The bracelet comes in a box and little suede bag. 100% of the profits go to the Wings for Life charity.


The bracelet is comfortable to wear as the wings do not stick out but sits flat against the wrist. It is extremely light. Once it is on it is quite easy to forget you are wearing it!   As someone who has great difficulty fastening clasps, especially bracelet ones I was pleased to see that the fastener is a toggle as I can hold one part in my mouth and pull the other with my hand to get the bracelet to fit my wrist.  It is enjoyable to wear and even though it is not in your face, I have been asked where it is from and what it represents so it is stands out in its simplicity.   It is also impressive that 100% of the profits are donated to charity, so often it is only a certain amount so that is impressive. 


I purchased this item myself and the views expressed in this blog are my own. 
Available from here: http://www.rox.co.uk/susie-wolff-wings-for-life-ltd-edition-bracelet

David Coulthard £60 : http://www.rox.co.uk/david-coulthard-wings-for-life-2015-bracelet-62394

No comments:

Post a Comment