About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Wednesday 5 October 2016

#Ottoman Hands Symbol Scorpio Semi Precious Rings: A Review

Today I am going to be reviewing a set of gold plated semi precious (opal) rings by Ottoman Hands. I purchased mine from Asos and the link can be found at the bottom of the page.

Ottoman Hands were established in 2009 by Deniz Gurdal and is a British based company heavily influenced by Turkish design. Working closely with Turkish gem cutters and artisans they create unusual distinctive pieces that are eyecatching but affordable. Starting off in Portobello Road Market Ottoman Hands are now stocked at Asos, House of Fraser, John Lewis and they also have their own website and online store. 


The rings are made from brass have a gold plated finish. It looks quite a refined muted gold not fake and brassy as some gold plate appears. One ring is embellished with tiny semi precious stone and the shanks for both rings are slim and comfortable to wear even if you have arthritis or neuropathic pain in your hands. The rings come just in one size and in the model picture are midi rings. As my fingers are thin I wear them as normal rings. They can be worn several ways, together or separately. The rings come in a little velveteen bag stamped with the Ottoman Hands logo and as they are on £8 would make a great Christmas stocking gift or gift for a friend. 

I purchased my rings through Asos so got them within 2 days of ordering them. Asos often have discounted Ottoman and other named jewellery items on sale so it is well worth keeping an eye on their site for a jewellery bargain. 







http://m.asos.com/ottoman-hands/ottoman-hands-symbol-semi-precious-scorpio-ring/prd/4444331?iid=4444331&clr=Opal&SearchQuery=ottoman%20hands&pgesize=34&pge=0&totalstyles=34&gridsize=2&gridrow=17&gridcolumn=1

1 comment:

  1. I am very disappointed in this company . Horrible customer service. I ordered a pair of hoops $107. Received yesterday, open the pack - they are screaming HEAVY! I immediately wrote for the return procedure, they just now informed me maybe I could gift the earrings they do not take returns. BUYER BEWARE! I never put the earrings on. They didn't care they obviously could care less, no exchange , or quizzed on WHY I want to return just NO.

    ReplyDelete