About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Thursday 10 August 2017

Oasis & ZSL Collaboration

For the first time in its 191 year history, London Zoological Society have collaborated with Oasis  to creating a capsule clothing collection "The Wildest Dream".  ZSL hopes the collaboration will raise awareness for the need for world wide scientific research ad conservation work  with endangered species.  The prints are based upon animals based at London and Whipsnade Zoos and feature tigers, snakes, butterflies, zebra etc,  The clothing includes skater dresses, skirts, dresses, scarves,  t shirts, clutch bags, trainers and sweaters.

The ZSL tiger trainers (£26) feature tigers and butterflies and are are cute, comfortable and look equally smart when paired with either a maxi dress or with jeans.  They run true to size and feel light to wear, they are not clumpy trainers.They tie with a ribbon which I am going to put a stitch through as I cannot bend down or tie bows. 

The Indiana Print Tee   (£22) is a soft tunic style t shirt, machine washable, is made from 100% viscose, with small slits up the side.   It has tigers, butterflies, sloths, parrots  and snakes against a dark, foliage background.  The print is on both the back and front of the top with a black mesh section on the shoulders.  

The Indiana Skater Dress (45), also available in long, features the same unusual print as the Indiana Print Tee.  It is made of viscose (is machine washable)  so  hangs nicely and can stretch whilst look slimming.  The zip draws you in at the waist.  It has cross back detailing with a fastening at the top and a zip around the waist.  As I cannot get my arms that far around my back I do find it difficult to fasten by myself.  .  

The ZSL Tie Front Tee  (£34) features an ant, parrot, cheetah and has a tie waist on the front.  This is hand wash only, which is disappointing, and looks great with khaki trousers or cargo pants.  There is a cut out ladder design on the back.  

Please note I am wearing a size 8, but as I am 4ft 9" not 5ft 10" the tops look different on me compared to the model on the Oasis website!
  


The collection is available in Oasis online and in-store and key pieces are also available online and in store at the Whipsnade and London Zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment