About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Tuesday 20 March 2018

Beak & Claws: NYX Powder Puff Lippie Powder Lip Cream in Puppy Love


       

NYX have just launched their Powder Puff Lippie Powder Lip Cream line. It comes in 8 shades and retails for £8 (12ml).  Their are 8 vibrant shades in the range and the colours range from warm peach to a hot pink and true red to a cool plum. The lip powders come in squeezy tubes with a cushion applicator.  The product feels and looks very moussey on application but it dries down to a powdery soft matte finish without losing any pigmentation.

                     

The product is both easy to apply and easy to build up layers of colour in order to increase the  intensity of colour. It feels incredibly light on the lips, there is no sticky residue or tackiness.  The cushion applicator leaves a blurred or fuzzy line, it is difficult to be precise so the look I achieved was just kissed rather than Instagram perfect! The cushion applicator also makes it easy to sheer out the product so you can create an ombré effect with just one product. I found it wore off after a few hours and there was a little transfer when I had a hot drink. I didn't find the formula drying and it didn't crack on my lips.  There was a slight coconutty smell when I first applied it but the smell was slight and soon dissipated. The shade I purchased was  Puppy Love which has warm peachy tones. I thought it really brightened up my skin tone and will make a great spring time lipstick staple.


I purchased this item myself. NYX is available from Boots.com, ASOS and their own website.








1 comment:

  1. Ooh these look pretty might have to try them out!
    http://wwww.glitzandglamourmakeup.co.uk

    ReplyDelete