About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Tuesday 17 April 2018

Beak & Claws: Anna Sui Cosmetics Matte Liquid Lip Color


As the imagery and name of my blog is centred around a sparklingly magpie I decided decided to name my lipstick and nail polish series "Beak and Claws". Beak relates to the lipstick portion, claws to the polish.

Anna Sui has just released her summer lipstick range, a Matte Liquid Lip Color available in 7 shades, £23 for 6.6ml. The shades are very vibrant and wearable.  The lipstick names/ colours are: Dusky Pink; Dark Pink; Fushia Pink; Lilao; Gothic Purple; Anna Red and Moroccan Orange. The bottle is very Anna Sui in design.  The cap is black, it looks like black lacquer but is, in fact, plastic, and  has a victoriana, gothic, vintage feel to it.  The lipstick applicator is a tear drop doe foot wand.  The lipsticks are supposed to "glide on smoothly over the lips, drenching them in long lasting, full pigment colour".

I purchased the shade Dusky Pink (No. 200). The bottle is very easy to hold as the shape fits nicely into my hand.  The shape of the applicator makes it easy to outline the lips with the pointed end then fill in with the flat side of the doe foot wand.  The smell is a very light tea rose aroma, the traditional scent associated with Anna Sui products, but it is not over powering and soon fades away.  The colour is exactly the same in the bottle as when it is applied on the lips. The lipstick does not crack or fade and it lasted a good 8 hours before it needed to be reapplied.  I only needed one coat to get full opacity and it made my teeth look whiter.  It felt comfortable to wear, not tight and drying as some liquid lipsticks feel on the lips.



I purchased the he item myself from BeautyBay and the thoughts expressed in my blog are my own.



Available: 

No comments:

Post a Comment