About Me

My photo
hi, I am a 40+ year old who loves jewellery and all things sparkly. I also enjoy trying out and reviewing new makeup products, finding stylish walking sticks, reading and writing book reviews. I will review anything from bird tables/ hedgehog houses to the latest fashion! My Instagram account is @sparkling_magpie

Monday 14 May 2018

Beak & Claws: Dior Addict Lip Glow Colour Reviver Lip Balm Matte (102, Matte Raspberry)


As the imagery and name of my blog is centred around a sparklingly magpie I decided decided to name my lipstick and nail polish series "Beak and Claws". Beak relates to the lipstick portion, claws to the polish.
My lips are always extremely dry as a consequence of my long term medication.  I am, therefore, always searching for that perfect combination of lip hydration plus perfect colour payoff which also lasts! For a lipbalm to be absolute perfection both colour and hydration must have longevity as I don't have the patience to keep reapplying throughout the day!


Dior Addict Lip Glow Colour Reviver Lip Balm Matte ( I chose 102, Matte Raspberry) is at the pricier end of the scale (£26 for 3.5g). There are two shades - Matte Pink (101) and Matte Raspberry (102).  To be honest I chose it because it is matte and I got a free gift with 2 purchases. I don't really go for glossy balms or lipsticks so I was thrilled to see a vibrant cool toned pink that is matte.  








The Reviver lip balm is not a new concept.  Dior launched the original in 2009 (there are now 10 shades in different shades and 3 finishes, satin, holographic and matte).  They are an inked balm, a hybrid between a balm and a sheer lipstick, combining hydration and other lip care properties with hint a colour.  The Colour Reviver technology means that the lipbalm will react differently to the pH level in every person's lips and the colour of the lipbalm will be customised accordingly.  The lip care ingredients includes mango butter and cranberry oil  which allow for 24 hours hydration and prevents the balm from bleeding. 



The lipbalm is multi functional. It acts as a lip balm, adds a touch of  just there colour to the lips and can be used as a priming base for lipsticks as well. It has a minty smell when first applied but the smell soon fades away.  The colour is not a true flat matte colour but has a slight sheen/semi matte finish to it, making your lips look more defined and enhanced than when wearing a traditional tinted lip balm. The colour is buildable from a blurred just bitten into a raspberry in to a cool toned vibrant pink (in my picture I have built up from 1 to 3 coats of lipbalm). It feels like a luxurious product as it goes on the lips.  My teeth look a lot whiter when I wear this shade as do my eyes.  My lips feel hydrated and I don't have to keep reapplying lipbalm throughout the day to keep them moisturised.  The lipstick case feels and looks luxurious. It is is instantly identifiable as a Dior product. The case has Dior embossed upon one side and Dior Glow Color Reviver Balm on the other. It closes with a satisfying click! 


             

I purchased this item myself from Boots.com and they are available at all Dior makeup stockists online and in store.





2 comments:

  1. I've never tried this brand, but the colors look really nice..

    ReplyDelete
  2. the tone of pink is just perfect :D

    ReplyDelete